Thursday, January 20, 2011

Good news, Bad News

Well I will start with the bad news, I didn't go treasure hunting last night...and from the looks of the snowy weather rolling in I probably won't tonight either. But I have enough projects to fill a couple weeks worth of my time anyway so I suppose its ok. I will start over again on Sunday and look forward to finding more pieces as tax season really comes into swing (out with the old and in with the new time).
Now for the good news...I still have plenty of projects around the house that I can post pictures of. Remember that next week I am going to start posting my before and after pictures as well as how to photos. I will include project prices too so that you can get an idea for how much projects cost.

The first thing I want to point out is that if you have any old throw pillows around the house, the odds are good that you can take the old dingy cover that just isn't working anymore and still use the perfectly good pillow inserts with a new pillow cover. With decorative pillows running about $12-$15 a piece why wouldn't you want to get as much use out of them as possible? I found these two inside a pair of throw pillows that went to our old couch. The pillowcases on them were absolutely falling apart and just didn't go with our new furniture. There is so much I can do with these...but we'll get to that later.

This is a mistake that people also make with picture frames. Sure you can get lucky and find frames on sale or at the dollar store, but decent frames can be costly and if you ever change your decor sometimes they don't quite go with what you have anymore....it is easy to paint a picture frame to match your new decor...and much less expensive than trying to purchase all new ones for your favorite pictures...I have a bunch of brown picture frames (we use black ones now)...I hope to refinish them to go in the kids playroom soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment