Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Maybe 3rd time's the charm?

Well last night was night two of nothing good. I did see one dresser, but it was mdf board. I considered taking it to show everyone how you can use prints and such to give cheap furniture a new look, but I noticed that the drawers did not slide very well either, plus it had rained and made some of the fake wood bubble a little. In the end I decided to leave it, even thought it would have been my only find for the evening.

But have no fear, I had some more things to take pictures of. You should know that obviously all of these projects will be put to good use in the coming weeks as I show you how to redo them. I hope to have a wide variety of things and use different techniques and ideas. I hate doing two things the same...it makes it very boring for me.

The first piece is actually a chandelier. It is very brass and tacky now, but I have some things in the works that is going to make this look great in a nursery or little girl's room. Just stay tuned.


The next piece is actually a coffee table/end table combo. I already started to take these apart before it occured to me to get pictures....the wooden boards on the wall actually go into the bottom of the tables. As you can see they are woven like some kind of wicker look and very outdated, but I have a really neat trick that I saw on a design show to update this set.



Going to head out to another neighborhood tonight, even though its after midnight (I know I'm crazy). Hopefully no one calls the cops b/c they hear me outside. That would be so much fun to explain!

No comments:

Post a Comment