Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Treasure Finds for Monday January 17, 2011

Unfotunately the neighborhood I visited last night was not very generous with their curb treasures. However, I did find a few things that I had scored free from a while ago and had completely forgotten about. I decided to post them today because I couldn't bare to have an empty post my third day into my mission.

The first item I have I scored at an estate sale. The people didn't mark a price on it, so the daughter told me to just go ahead and take it. It is an oar that I cannot wait to sand down and paint on.

(I know you can picture this sanded down with a cute ocean scene painted on it...gonna look great on my wall!)

The other item that I found yesterday is a mirror from an old dresser. When my son got a dresser handed down to him, he decided that boys do not need mirrors. So it has been in a closet ever since waiting for me to decide what to do with it. I guess I thought maybe one day I would redo the dresser and mirror together. Instead I now have plans to redo the dresser to go with my son's new furniture so this piece is officially homeless. The great news? The brackets come off with the easy use of a screwdriver and installing mounting hardware will be a breeze because of the mirrors sturdy wood frame. I have amazing plans for this piece!

                                    Good news: I'm not a vampire...I see my reflection!!!

Hopefully tonight will prove more fruitful than last night, or tomorrow's post might be a little boring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment